|Associate Dean for Administration|
BiographyDr. Pakorn Ubolkosold received the B.Eng. degree in electrical engineering in 2000 from Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thailand. In 2003 he received the M.Sc. degree in communications technology from Ulm University, Germany and the Dr.-Eng. degree in electrical engineering in 2009 from Siegen University, Germany. While working on his doctoral thesis he was the principle investigator in a project funded by the German research foundation in the area of data fusion technique using Kalman filters for integrated navigation systems.
From 2008 to 2011 he joined technical staff at the ST-Ericsson, Germany. He worked on algorithms and functional designs for 4G LTE Physical layer. In 2011, he joined school of engineering, Bangkok University, Thailand. His currently research interests include wireless communications, machine learning/data mining, image processing, and applied estimation theory.
Research areasApplied Estimation Theory, Software defined radio/communications, Communication theory, Image Processing,
Publications with BU-CROCCS
- P. Saengudomlert, N. Nimpitiwan, and P. Ubolkosold , Development of software defined communication systems for improving technical education in Thailand, in Proceedings of ITC-CSCC 2016, Japan, 10–13 July (2016)
- P. Ubolkosold, P. Saengudomlert, and N. Nimpitiwan , Interactive browser-based digital communications laboratory, in Proceedings of ITC-CSCC 2016, Japan, 10–13 July (2016)
- P. Saengudomlert, K.L. Sterckx, W.S. Mohammed, N. Nimpitiwan, and P. Ubolkosold , Application of software defined communication systems to transmit data through LED lamps for smart museums, in Proc. EECON 2015, Thailand, 18–20 November(2015)
- P. Saengudomlert and P. Ubolkosold , Software defined communication labs using the audio interface of laptop computers, in Proc. EECON-37, Thailand, 19-21 Nov (2014)
- P. Ubolkosold, P. Tiawongsombat , A Study of Otsu Local Optimal Thresholding Algorithm, International Conference on Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (ESIT), Thailand(2014)
- N. Nimpitiwan, P. Ubolkosold , Sensor Fusion for Balancing Robot, 36th Electrical Engineering Conference (EECON), Thailand(2013)
- P. Ubolkosold , An Improved Method for DOA Estimation of GPS Signals, 4-th ECTI-CARD, Thailand, Jun(2012)
- P. Ubolkosold , An Improved Frequency Estimation Method for LTE in Idle Mode, 34th Electrical Engineering Conference (EECON), Thailand(2011)